Themes From The In Crowd

"La vita vivente sulle prime linee" Living life on the front lines... Musings from a Midwest Girl...

12.21.2005

Christmas Time is Here

I was worried that I would not feel the Christmas spirit this year, but boy was I wrong! It took a little longer to get to me-but it arrived-full fledged Christmas spirit! I am so excited for the holidays and the trip afterwards that I could wet myself (I’ve done it before!)

The beginning of the week started off with amazing Christmas news, my cousin Gavin’s cancer has receded and there are no active cancer cells in his body at this moment. This weekend we were not sure if he would have to move on to a cancer care center due to the inability to take care of the tumor however his scans came back to show that what they thought was a tumor was actually now just scar tissue! It is the best news ever and it looks as if he is going to be ok! A couple more rounds of Chemo and he will be finished with this nonsense…let’s pray that it is for good!


Monday also came with a happy surprise to find that the best roommate in the world, Brett, commandeered a KitchenAid mixer for me. I could actually pass out from the excitement I feel about this! I have wanted nothing more (my mother cannot fathom whose womb I actually came out of as she does not even cook) and never thought I would have one until I got married (which we all know is a long way off)! Sooo…Brett got one from work and here I sit, the luckiest girl in the world. I made cookies (thanks Sven-I used your cookie monster recipe! Yummers!) and other good things that take a mixer. I could hug it if it were not so imposing with sharp corners and hard plastic…I heart it with my biggest non-Grinch heart!


So, those two things have put me on the way to good times. Many Christmas parties and the knowledge that I get 2 paid weeks of a holiday (academia how I love thee) make me about the happiest girl in the world!

Brett and I are having our Christmas together tonight and then Minds and the BFF come tomorrow…what a joyful season!

Have a very happy day!