Themes From The In Crowd

"La vita vivente sulle prime linee" Living life on the front lines... Musings from a Midwest Girl...

12.18.2005

Holy Croly

So I am writing this quickly in hopes that it will draw the icky feeling out of my body. Forehead slappers...I have discussed them before...well, my friday night is one big forehead slapper that I can barely remember. We had a work holiday party, just our small little Institute. A case of wine later and some time at a bar, these are the things I remember (almost):

-speaking in Italian to my boss
-my boss making somewhat sexual comments to me among a table of my peers
-hitting on the Greek guys running the Italian restaurant
-my boss saying the phrase "blow job" (mind you we do some work with sexual trafficking but really...was that necessary?)
-drinking and drinking and drinking wine
-moving onto the bar and dragging Kort out to go get cash
-drunk dialing Jim about "our bookstore" which I happened to be outside of
-giving Jim guilt trips about not coming to the bar (he happened to be in Chicago but I am certain thought I was WAY too drunk to deal with)
-calling Kort and Peter's friend and making an ass of myself (but what I said I do not know, and why we called so much I do not know)
-playing pool with Daniel and being so wasted I could barely focus on the ball
-buying more beer
-a guy name boyom trying to kiss me and putting his phone number in my phone
-walking outside to call Brett WHOM I WAS CERTAIN that I had not talked to (and even said to myself the very next morning "huh, why didn't brett answer his phone") WHEN IN FACT i spoke with him about 15 times
-saying goodbye to everyone but not really remembering that
-hopping in a car with Peter and Kort and thinking that we would be going someplace else but realizing we were WAY too drunk to go to another bar

Oh God, the things I do not remember in between make me scared. i do not want to go into work tomorrow for fear that everyone will be like "you were so drunk" ugh...having to live that nonsense down is awful. i have got to stop :-) seriously...i am not 21 anymore. baaaad news!

On a lighter note: One week until Christmas!!! YAY!! and one week and two days until I am in Arizona...HOLLA!!

sorry about the U loss this weekend!