Themes From The In Crowd

"La vita vivente sulle prime linee" Living life on the front lines... Musings from a Midwest Girl...

9.10.2005

I caved...Latin style

I got sucked in…yep, you heard me…I got sucked in. So I wrote the previous entry…blah blah blah I don’t go out anymore blah blah blah. Well that post went down the can a.s.a.p.

I was in the house not planning on going out…but I could feel the spark. You know it, the one where if the right offer comes along (or perhaps there is just nothing good on TV) you will cave. So there I am, watching “True Hollywood Story” on A. and J. Simps…and Brett decides to go out. Damn one down! Then, as I am watching him get ready and thinking to myself “man, maybe I should put on some make-up and go out” I get the call. I definitely shouldn’t have picked up…I enjoyed being in my tank top and sweats! But a night out on the town at a kicky little Latin bar with one of my favorite hottie straight men in Chicago? How could I resist?

So alas, I threw on some clothes, redid the mascara, had a glass of champagne and headed out the door. Yet again I could not just stay home. Why does my apartment shun me so? I swear I am staying home one of these nights…maybe I just need a better movie collection?

On a happier note, we went to Rosa’s and had a great time. Although (and I know this will surprise you) I am not a Latin dancer, we were able to show some peeps up on the ol’ dance floor. (think “Center Stage” when they went to that club after dance practice and all found their inner latin groove and the main character realizes that she really loves dancing and had just forgotten her roots) yeah…that was me…sans the long blond hair and dancer’s body…but you get the idea.

I have been sick all week and I even took a day off of work, but clearly that didn’t stop me from having a little fun tonight. I suppose the reason I don’t stay home is because any kind of social interaction with those that you love is good for the soul. When you have fun-no matter how silly or poorly danced- and when you laugh, you allow a little bit of yourself out into the universe. Karma? Perhaps? I suppose that means that after tonight I am going to have a lot of good things come my way…I laughed my ass off.

Thanks D-I had a great time.



Italian phrase of the post:

“Yes, I speak Spanish. Let’s dance!”
“Sì, parlo lo spagnolo. Balliamo!”




So sorry I don't have a drawing to go along with this...I just can't think of what I could possibly paint. Next post, I promise! (as you can imagine, I did wear the dress and shoes from the previous post out tonight)