Themes From The In Crowd

"La vita vivente sulle prime linee" Living life on the front lines... Musings from a Midwest Girl...

9.09.2005

Gettin' Crazy at the Homestead!


This is the first weekend basically all summer that I do not have something going on. I am at a bit of a loss (thinking more and more about the Champagne sitting in our fridge) and I have NO idea what I will do with myself.

I was a pretty big partier in high school, in college and just out of college. Constantly out, getting drunk, being social. Although I love to do that, I am just not able to do it all the time anymore. (probably why E! Entertainment did not tap me to host the “Wild On” series) Don’t get me wrong, I can party like La Lohan and dance the night away like Paula Abdul, but it isn’t what I live to do anymore. So what does a recovering night owl do when she is forced to be home for a weekend and has not yet found a hobby? Sure, there are friends to see, museums to visit and the beach to play at during the day but when 9pm rolls around I feel the pressure to go out yet the desire to stay home. As the ol’ roomie is showering, spraying on the Axe, getting his hair did…I start to feel the pull…and then when I make the decision to listen to myself and stay in I feel silly watching TV on a Saturday night. I think “I am not the kind of girl who stays in!”…thinking like that is what gets you into trouble the next time you go out…it is what makes you give guys your number and what keeps you drinking those beers. It is what makes you think that it is a good idea to make-out with that guy with the funny hair and a fantastic joy for everyone to hear you sing and dance. When at Roscoe’s it says “oh that guy really does like girls, it would be a great idea to hit on him” or worst of all it is these thoughts that let you say “sure, I’ll have a shot of Jose”. Bad news for all involved.

The thing is that I really like my life. I don’t need to be social on a Sat. night because I have great friends at work and at home. I enjoy what I do on a daily basis and for the first time in my life I am truly interested in what I do.

Maybe I just need to date someone (or find a friend) who is ok with staying home and hanging out rather then getting smashed at the local pub…

So, do I just accept it? Have I become boring or is it just a part of growing up, working a full time job, having commitments outside of the bar stool?



Italian phrase of the post:
"why don't we stay home and watch a movie instead"
"perché fa non stiamo la casa e guardiamo un film invece"




Isn't that a great dress/shoe combo i am wearing? Height of fashion! Picked it up at Nordies!

1 Comments:

Posta un commento

<< Home