Themes From The In Crowd

"La vita vivente sulle prime linee" Living life on the front lines... Musings from a Midwest Girl...

9.02.2005

Those Summer Nights...

These past few days have been what the summer should have been all about. Lovely weather, things to do, places to go, people to see. I moved to Chicago in April and although I found that I didn’t really have to adjust (having grown up in the ‘burbs) I didn’t really have a social life. My social life consisted of bar hopping and drinking too much. (and apparently hitting on men at aforementioned BoysTown establishments) But, as of late, I have found very “Chicago-eque” things with which to occupy my time.

Wednesday night my roommie and I went to see Tori Amos in Millennium Park. While I could do without Le Amos, I certainly enjoyed being in the park. It was a beautiful night and the place was aglow not only from the exceptional archetechture around us, but also from the general goodwill emitting from the patrons of the park. We played in the fountain, listened to the music, dipped our toes in the little “wishing river” an had a magical time in the city night. Around 10:30 or so, amidst a potty run we saw fireworks going off over the lake. There is NOTHING I love more then fireworks and to see them on a day that wasn’t the 4th of July, with one of my favorite people in the world, in one of my favorite places in the world…well it was almost enough to bring tears to my eyes. The air smelled fresh and there wasn’t a mosquito to be found. It was the kind of night that you will look back on years from now and smile about the “remember whens”

Last night was another little treat. In the ever faithful quest to find the perfect cupcake, we decided to head on down to the new Cupcake store on Briar. (YUMMERS!) After much time spent being held up on the Red Line-what’s new?-we hopped off at good ol’ Belmont and made our way down. Alas, no cupcakes to be had as they had just run out…but there were free Lemon with Chocolate frosting ones that were being passed out on the street. I am not a proponent of mixing fruit and cake, but this was actually good. The frosting was a fluffy little chocolate cloud in my mouth! Not being fulfilled by the cupcakes, we headed on over to Chipotle and then had a little trip to the ol’ Gap. It was a lovely, everyday thing to do…nothing out of the ordinary…nights like those cannot be captured in the suburbs. It is the exact reason that I live in the City.

So now I look forward to the Labor Day weekend. I feel like we are finally settled…things are looking way up and nights like the past two will keep coming. I guess this is one of those days that it pays to be a single, 24 year old, living in the city.

1 Comments:

  • At venerdì, settembre 02, 2005 5:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonimo said…

    The Real Income is your source for a home business idea that you need to really get started into thinking about making money online. internet home business has never boomed as much as today, and with the help of The Real Income starting a home business is at your fingertips. Visit medical billing work from home site. It pretty much covers medical billing work from home today to learn more.

     

Posta un commento

<< Home