Themes From The In Crowd

"La vita vivente sulle prime linee" Living life on the front lines... Musings from a Midwest Girl...

7.13.2006

Gay Games

Holy Gay Games, BATMAN!





As we live on the corner of “gay and gayer” I have found my neighborhood to be infiltrated with Olympians from all over the world. There are throngs of people walking on my streets, sitting at my restaurants and shopping at my 7-11. I cannot even imagine what it will be like come this weekend when the Gay Games actually start!

Last night I met B out for a little celebration beer for his last day of work! We went to SideTrash (no big surprise) and as we were settling into the Atrium, I was amazed at just how much EuroTrash was present. Accents and ducktails everywhere! There might have even been a Bono sighting at one point or another. Crazy sunglasses, fashion, hair…these men cannot be from Boystown, USA! (some of them are great eye candy, though) My new favorite game for the next two weeks will be “guess what county” (I will obviously have to come up with a kickier name) but you get the idea…where are they from and then what are you going to do in order to confirm that information?

It is a delightful smattering of people from across the globe. I do hope that I get to meet a couple here and there…I told Brett that I might even be able to practice my Italian!

On another note…Melinda, the BFF and the BFF-In-Law come into town this weekend for a Cubs game on Sunday (with Frank and Mr. Jeff H.), a little partying and some apt. shopping for the FF’s…I have Monday off so that I may fully enjoy the weekend with some of my besties!!

Buon settimana!!