Themes From The In Crowd

"La vita vivente sulle prime linee" Living life on the front lines... Musings from a Midwest Girl...

7.12.2006

List o' stuff...

My darling little Brettea recently did a list of summer goals that he wanted to accomplish. Although I recognize that it is almost the middle of July, it has inspired me to complete a list of my very own. I think that summer can last well into September or even October, so if the weather is right, I might have more time to finish this list then I anticipate. I find that some of Brett’s and my goals are the same…which is precious…but some are different and most importantly, I love having something that I can “check off”. I find lists to be a game of sorts, so here is a game involving my summer-time fun!

If you want to be involved in my summer time fun, just let me know! We can check some things off together.

Molly’s list o’ things to do while the days are long and the weather is nice

§ Cook a “sit-down” meal for my good friends
§ Spend the day on a boat
§ Listen to a concert in Millennium Park
§ Catch a jar full of fireflies
§ A Sunday full of ½ price Martini’s at Kit Kat
§ Spend another weekend in Lake Geneva
§ A float trip down the river (probably closer to Champaign then Chicago)
§ Take a weekend trip to Nashville
§ Get half way through reading my “top 100 books of the Century” list
§ See Super Man and Pirates of the Caribbean
§ Disco Brunch at Ann Sather
§ Visit Minda in BG
§ Go to Six Flags Great America
§ Go to a Cubs game with my uncle Ted
§ Go camping for a weekend
§ See the fireworks on Navy Pier
§ Make a my own batch of State Fair Lemonade
§ Drink Brett’s original refreshing summer drink on our porch
§ Go to the Museum of Science and Industry (SERIOUSLY does anyone know how long I have wanted to go there…could someone PLEASE go with me?!)
§ Meet a foreigner and show them around Chicago
§ Get our bathtub drain to actually drain…amen to that.
§ Catch some music at Ravinia
§ Have my family for brunch
§ Go to my brother’s wedding in Arizona and have a fabulous time
§ Be as tan as I was when I was in college
§ Reread 100 Years of Solitude
§ Make new Chicago friends
§ Remaster the Italian language (it is slipping from my old mind)
§ Find a bar/restaurant/bookstore/shop in my neighborhood that I love
§ Move Adam and Josh in and start our own Chicago traditions with them

There has to be so much more, but that is a good start. I will let you know how I fair come October!


What is on your summer list? Any suggestions of additions to mine?

1 Comments:

  • At martedì, febbraio 13, 2007 2:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonimo said…

    Bush is forever saying that democracies do not invade other countries and start wars. Well, he did just that. He invaded Iraq, started a war, and killed people. What do you think? How does that work in a democracy again? How does being more threatening make us more likeable?Isn't the country with
    the most weapons the biggest threat to the rest of the world? When one country is the biggest threat to the rest of the world, isn't that likely to be the most hated country?
    Our country is in debt until forever, we don't have jobs, and we live in fear. We have invaded a country and been responsible for thousands of deaths.
    We have lost friends and influenced no one. No wonder most of the world thinks we suck. Thanks to what george bush has done to our country during the past three years, we do!

     

Posta un commento

<< Home